Donnerstag, 1. Dezember 2011

Farbenmix Advent Calender Sew Along

Have you seen the Farbenmix Advent Calender?
We can all sew a bag together, every day for 15 minutes and will finish on the 24. December with a little pressie for ourselves. How cool is that?

I will challenge me a bit and try to keep up with the sewing every day and also have a little translation for my English readers.

Farbenmix will have every day a little Foto-Tutorial on their website and we should not need more than 15 minutes per day. It is also doable for novice sewers.

Furthermore I find it challenging not to know what I actually sew. I mean it can be every type of bag.
The hint from Farb is that they say what we will need:

- 50 cm (140 cm wide) for the outside
- 50 cm (140 cm wide) for the inner lining
- fabric scraps
- for thinner fabrics we will need volume fleece or a cheap fleece blanket for stability
- 2 zippers (20 cm and 40 cm)
- some ribbon scraps, fusible web
- 5 carabiner with key rings


First, print the first pattern piece and decide on the fabric.

I chose some quilting cotton from Denyse Schmidt's Winding Roads collection which I recently won over at The Warped & The Weft. Thanks so much, Ladies! I have only 30 cm of each, so I may have to redo all with some other fabrics, but lets see how it will go.

Then cut 4 pieces. It could be two pieces from the different pattern, as they are two pieces for the inside and two for the outside. But you could use also four different prints if you like it bunt (means colourful in German)

Kommentare:

Tas hat gesagt…

I am away for the next 3 days but might catch up when I get back.

Looks like fun!

Streuterklamotte hat gesagt…

Was für schöner Stoff!!!!

Ich mach auch mit und bin schon sehr gespannt und sehr, sehr froh, dass es heute endlich losging!!

Ganz liebe Grüße,
Sabine

Blog Widget by LinkWithin